Top SEO Tips for Banking Websites: Part 2
Create an account with Google Search Console.
To track keywords in Google Analytics 4 (GA4), you must first sign up for a Google Search Console account.
To set up your new website for tracking, go to search.google.com/search-console/ and complete the steps listed below:
- Go to Google Search Console and sign in.
- To access the drop-down menu, click “Search Property” in the dashboard’s upper left corner.
- Choose “Add Property.”
- Two options will be shown in a pop-up window. Enter the URL of your website after choosing the simplest option, “URL prefix.”
- Next, select “Continue” from the menu.
- Select a technique to confirm that your URL belongs to you. The simplest choice is to submit an HTML file.
- Then select “Verify” from the menu.
- After you finish the previous step, Google Analytics will need a few minutes to finish the ownership verification procedure before showing you an approved message.
- To display your website on the Google Search Console dashboard home page, click “Go to Property” one last time.
Here are some illustrations of the above procedure in action:
Integrate Google Analytics 4 with Google Search Console
You must link your website to your GA4 account when Google Search Console verifies it. You can track terms in Google Analytics 4 once these two Google properties are linked. You may view your SEO keywords in GA4 by connecting the two in the subsequent step.
Create an account with Google Analytics 4
The instructions in this step will let you link your Google Search Console data to your Google Analytics 4 account. Images illustrating each phase of the procedure will be presented after the step-by-step instructions.
Linking a Google Analytics 4 (GA4) account:
- Visit analytics.google.com to access your Analytics account.
- Make sure the property (website) in Google Analytics 4 is the one you set up in Google Search Console in step 1 and that it is selected.
- Then, on the Google Analytics 4 dashboard, click the “Admin” button that is located in the left-hand menu.
- The second column in the Admin settings screen will be labelled “Property”. The “Product Links” section can be found by scrolling below.
- Select “Search Console Links” from the menu.
- Select the “Link” button on the following screen.
- There will be a screen for Link Setup. Choose Accounts by clicking the button under the first step. Then, to link to the Google Analytics 4 property, tick the box next to the relevant Search Console account. In order to save the choice, click “Confirm.”
- Step 2 for “Select Web Stream” will be highlighted on the Link Setup screen once more. Select by clicking the button. To connect the online stream, select it on the next screen.
- Step 3 for “Review and Submit” will be highlighted when you return to the Link Setup screen. To complete the connection between Google Search Console and Google Analytics 4, click the “Submit” button.
- The connection’s findings will be displayed on a new screen. To validate that everything is configured properly and is operating, you should see “Link Created.”
- Keep in mind that it can take Google Search Console between 24 and 36 hours to compile and report all of the recorded keyword data for a new website connection.
Track keywords by going to the Reports Tab.
You can check your list of keywords in GA4 once your Google Analytics 4 and Search Console accounts are linked and data is being fetched for your website. To access that section of the GA4 reports, you must first click the “Reports” tab on the dashboard’s left side.
Access the Purchase Report
You may find a “Life Cycle” section under the main reports page. Click on it to expand this portion of the reports if it hasn’t already done so. then select the “Acquisition” option to make it larger. Finally, in Google Analytics 4, select “Acquisition Overview” to access the appropriate screen where you may begin viewing and tracking your keywords. ( A picture of this procedure is shown in the following step.)
View the Screen for Acquisition Overview
You should now be on the Acquisition Overview screen after performing step 5 above. Two new reports will now be shown on this screen:
- Organic Search Volume on Google
- Organic Searches on Google
To track keywords in GA4, data is being taken straight from Google Search Console. The “Google Organic Search Queries” report is the one you want to open on this screen. Click the “View Google Organic Search Queries” link that is located at the bottom of this section.
Check Out Your Tracked Keywords In Google Analytics 4
You should now be on Google Analytics 4’s “Queries” page. The tracked keyword data you require for your website is displayed on this screen.
The first column, “Organic Google Search Query,” lists the precise terms that your website is ranking for and using to drive traffic to it. By clicking on the column headers in the table, you can sort this data by keyword performance:
- Organic Clicks on Google Search
- Organic Search impressions on Google
- Organic Rate of Google Search Clickthroughs
- Organic Average Search Position on Google
Connecting your website to your Search Console account is the better way to track keywords in Google Analytics. You may monitor all keywords in Google Analytics and obtain additional in-depth information to evaluate your SEO success after these two accounts are linked.