Latest Website Development Trends 2023
n 1989, when Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web (WWW) while working at CERN, it was initially invented to meet the demand for automated sharing between scientists worldwide.
A screenshot showing the NeXT world wide web browser created by Tim Berners-Lee
Now in 2022, people use the web for various purposes. Web surfing has become an integral part of our everyday life. We intensely rely on the web for searching for a cooking recipe to learn difficult physics concepts.
Website developers need to keep up with the changing trends. If they fail to do so, they might lose traffic to other sites. Today in this article We will be talking about the latest website development trends.
Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
This front-end technology which is backed by Google aims at delivering a high level of performance regardless of network condition and device used. That is achieved by enhancing PWAs with native-app qualities that are reliable, fast, and engaging.
Starbucks PWA on mobile and desktop
Industries across various domains are opting for PWAs to improve their performance. For example, Starbucks built a PWA for placing orders on the web which delivers a similar experience to the native app.
Most PWAs work without connection, once online a user can place the order using a PWA and can view location-specific pricing.
An AI-powered chatbot is a smarter version of a regular chatbot that uses NLP (natural language procession) which interprets and mimics the convolution of spoken language, and Machine Learning (ML).
The benefits of AI chatbots are:
- These chatbots can better understand the user intent and provide a human-like experience.
- AI chatbots can cut a company’s expenses by acting as customer support agents and working 24X7.
According to Forbes, the Use of AI chatbots increased by 190% between 2018 and 2020.
Examples of AI chatbots
- Nestle’s NINA
- HDFC Bank’s EVA
Serverless architecture, also known as serverless computing is a software model where apps are hosted by a third-party service that allows users to run code for virtually any kind of application or backend services without administration. This helps to avoid system overload and data loss and reduces development costs.
This is how technology benefits web development:
- Affordability: need less computing power and human resources.
- Easier to introduce new features.
- Great scalability and flexibility at the backend.
Motion UI simplifies complex and long stories and makes them more interesting for users. User experience always remains the focal point for startups and pays less attention to appearance. But the chance of getting noticed increases if they use beautifully designed apps and websites.
Motion UI design makes the use of web products more unconstrained and accurate. It is all about CSS shifts and traditional animation integration permitted by standalone libraries with many categories of animated elements.
Single-Page Application (SPA)
Benefits of SPAs in Web development:
- These are relatively easy to create.
- SPAs consume less space on servers.
- SPAs provide information to users effectively on a single page without having to navigate around.
Optimized Voice Search
It is the process of optimizing pages to appear in voice searches. It gives developers a chance to have their pages read out by voice search devices.
This is critical for any business especially if the business is run locally since more than 55% of people use voice search to find nearby businesses.
Voice search helps in web development in the following ways:
- Local SEO campaigns become more effective.
- Can quickly answer customer queries.
- Builds trust and customer loyalty.
Internet of Things (IoT)
It is one of those trends that will change the future in the sphere of web development. It can be defined as the network of Internet-enabled devices and data transfer requires no human involvement.
One simply cannot imagine a world where the products are not connected to the internet. It is predicted that there will be around 30 billion internet-powered devices by 2025.
Businesses with websites and mobile apps can utilize the benefits of this smart ecosystem. Developers can also use this technology in Web development:
- Makes many devices accessible through mobile.
- It helps to provide services to users as quickly as possible and furnish a personalized experience.
- IoT in web development will change the front-end interface and UIs etc.
The API approach is growing rapidly and tech giants like google and apple are also working on it. This approach means that for any project, APIs are treated as “first-class citizens”.
In this approach, APIs are developed first by focusing on user needs and then developing your product on top of it.
The benefits of using this approach are
- It reduces the development time and costs
- It reduces the learning curve of developers.
- It reduces the failure risk of the product.
Netflix and Etsy are among the early adopters of this technology.
Testing is an equally important part of Web development. Automated testing can be described as a test run of the website with little or no human interaction.
Manual testing can become a very tedious and time-consuming process at times. Manual testing cannot be the best approach for 2022.
Benefits of automated testing :
- Automation testing will allow developers to complete complex projects with a small team and examine the website with greater test coverage and check whether it is ready for deployment.
- Automation testing can make the web development process a lot easier as it will save time.
- It can be performed 24X7 without monitoring.
Tools that can be used:
Improved Native Cybersecurity
According to a report by Fortune, In June 2021 Personal data for 700 million LinkedIn users was stolen and put for sale on the dark web.
With the increasing rate of Cybercrimes, organizations must work towards data safety and security of users. With multi-step authentication becoming a new normal, we will be seeing developers working towards making websites for users.
The upcoming year will be witnessing these web development changes in full force. To make full utilization of these trends, you will need an equally passionate team of web developers to enhance your website ranking, and business and help you get an edge over your competitors.
RHOMESON has been working dedicatedly to cater to the needs of our clients. With over 10+ experience in IT and Consultancy and an exceptional team of developers, we can fulfill the requirements of our clients.
With these specialized web application development services, we have benefited our clients:
- Develop a custom web application
- E-commerce Cross-Platform App Solution
- Development of Web Portals
- Web Development for Custom CMS
If you require assistance with any of the services, please use the “Contact Us” form to get in touch with us. We will contact you soon with a response from one of our executives.
If you are looking to incorporate these trends into your venture then connect with us. We will be looking forward to working with you.